Monday, April 5, 2010

I Heart Barcelona: April 1-April 4

Day 1

Not off to a good start. I Was pick pocketed by a group of Italians volunteering to help with my luggage up the stairs. Lost goods: a credit card, driver’s license, and Kimba’s iPhone. Sorry Kimba. Met 2 girls at a tapas bar: Canadian and Wisconsinian (haha). I vented about my night and they invited me to hang out with them for the rest of the night.

Day 2

Walked to the beach attempting to find “La Barca”… supposedly a restaurant with “amazing” paella, but was unsuccessful. *Note: Don’t take directions from drunk girls. Ended up eating at some random restaurant: calamari, seafood paella, ice cream, and sangria for 12 euros. Not bad. That night I strolled La Rambla for a cheap place and met a Mexican, Italian, and a group of British folk. It was a good night.

Day 3

Hiked up to Parque Guell to see Guadi’s works. Amazing. Wish I had time to see the houses he built as well. Next time. And yes, there will be a next. From there, took the same line to the FCB Stadium see the chaos and excitement of FC Barcelona fans in hopes to find a season pass holder to invite me in for cheap. No luck. Due to the excitement in the air, I bought myself a ticket and watched FCB beat Athletic Club 4-1. It was worth it. Next: Paris

Stayed: Hostel Palermo
Sights: La Rambla, Barceloneta Beach, Parque Guell, FCB Stadium
Sights I wish I saw: Casas de Guadi, Picasso Museum, Miro Museum
Did: FC Barcelona vs. Athletic Club 4-1
Eats: Tapas Bars, Paella, Crème Cataluyan, Gelato, set menus
Drinks: Sangria, San Miguel, Estrella
Transport: Aerobus (airport to Placa Cataluyan), bus (N17 to airport (alt), metro

Photo Album of Barcelona, Spain:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=8095&id=100000701717224&l=177c5c8ba0

No comments:

Post a Comment